What is an “About us” page?
- An About Us page is a web page that showcases your brand for ecommerce stores.
- It helps online shoppers understand your business and the products you sell.
- The About Us page complements the Home or landing page and provides more detailed information to help customers make purchase decisions.
- If you don’t have an About Us page or don’t have the right content, you may lose potential customers to other options.
- An effective About Us page can help customers connect with your business, understand your story, values, and goals, and see themselves in your brand.
- Think of it as an opportunity to show customers how your products can enhance their lives.
6 Tips for Creating Your Amazon About Us Page
- Customer first
- Your About Us page can be a powerful tool for connecting with your audience. Rather than just talking about your brand, focus on your customers and what they need. Use this space to showcase how your products or services can solve a specific problem for shoppers, and help them visualize themselves using what you offer. By highlighting your niche and using lifestyle imagery, you can create a more compelling and relatable message that resonates with your target audience.
- Tell a great story
- The “About Us” page is an opportunity to showcase your brand’s personality and differentiate yourself. Share the story behind your business and answer common questions customers might have. Make your mission statement central to the page to give customers a cause they can connect with.
- Clear text and impactful imagery
- Use media thoughtfully to keep your page simple. Visitors usually spend around 30 seconds on a page, so make it count. With Amazon Stores Builder, create a customizable, immersive experience for customers without any coding or design skills.
- Tell about your strong business points
- Interest customers with relevant and unique selling points when they visit your “About Us” page. For instance, showcase the farmers you work with if you sell wholesale coffee. Share if you make products by hand, use fair trade certified ingredients, or have eco-friendly packaging. Also, highlight your charitable donations and other details related to your inventory, shipping, customer service, and returns.
- Point out your specialties
- Promote unique product features to customers. Highlight benefits such as comfortable waterproof sportswear or healthy pet snacks. Don’t hesitate to share sought-after features that distinguish your products.
- Show your happy customers
- Include customer testimonials to showcase the value of your brand and products. Social media platforms can be a great resource for such material. Additionally, the Customer Engagement tool for Amazon stores lets you review and respond to customer interactions, providing further social proof.